About the Course
Natural products play a vital role in the holistic healthcare of human beings from Vedic era to date. Natural products or herbal drugs are reliable, safe, efficacious and readily acceptable sources of medicaments. Around 506 new approved drugs from 1981 – 2019 are either Natural products or Natural product derivatives.
India is the second-largest exporter of medicinal plants in the world. The STC will include recent trends & future prospects of natural products from therapeutics to nutraceuticals & cosmeceuticals and natural excipients.
The topics to be covered during the course broadly includes:
- Role of medicinal plants in various non-communicable diseases like Diabetes, Cardiovascular diseases, GI tract disorders, Neurodegenerative disorders, Cancer etc.
- Medicinal plants & Immunity
- Natural products in combating SARS – COVID19 pandemic & other viral infections
- Advances in quality control and standardization of medicinal plants
- Formulation development & characterization of herbal drugs
- Advances in separation & analytical techniques of natural products – LC-MS-MS; HPLC, HPTLC, NMR
- Application of biotechnological tools in medicinal plants for improved phytopharmaceutical production
- Informatics and computational methods in natural product drug discovery
- Phytopharmaceuticals, Nutraceuticals & cosmeceuticals
- QbD with special reference to herbal drugs
- Regulatory aspects of herbal drugs
- Last date of Registration: 12 December 2020
- Intimation of Selection by email: 17 December 2020
Who should attend?
Faculty members with pharmacy or allied life science background from University/Engineering/Pharmacy colleges recognized by AICTE are eligible to attend the course. Limited number of participants.
Interested candidates can register via this page.