The Department of Electronics Engineering and School of Materials Science and Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), BHU, Varanasi is organizing an AICTE Sponsored Short Term Course On Nanoelectronics Devices and Circuits from January 4 to 9, 2021.
The Indian Institute of Technology Varanasi is a public technical and research university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Founded in 1919 as the Banaras Engineering College, it became the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University in 1968.
The main focus of the course is making the participants get familiarized with the recent advancements in nano-scale devices and circuits. This course has the following major objectives/ benefits:
- To introduce participants to emerging devices, modeling, and simulation methodologies and applications in the area of nanoelectronics.
- To discuss the design, operation, and modeling of nano-scale devices.
- A discrete view of spintronic and optoelectronic devices for the post-CMOS era.
- A hands-on demonstration of modeling and simulation of nanowire, multigate, spintronic devices using advanced SPICE and TCAD simulators.
- A demonstration of the design-technology co-optimization flow, which connects novel materials to the performance of the circuit including the front-end of the line device, and back-end of the line parasitics.
- Introduction to Nano-scale MOS modeling
- Nanowire, Multigate (MuG), and tunneling based MOS devices
- Optoelectronic devices
- Thin-film devices
- Spintronic devices and non-volatile logic
- Basic illustrations of SPICE with examples
- Design and modeling using SPICE
- Basic Illustration of TCAD with examples
- TCAD Simulation of advanced nanoscale devices (Diode, MOSFET, 2D FinFET)
- Modeling and simulation of advanced optoelectronic devices
- Spintronic device simulation using OOMMF
Who can Attend?
The course is open to teachers from AICTE recognized management and engineering colleges.
There is no registration fee for the course. To register for the course, click here. The last date to register is December 31, 2020.
The STC will be conducted in the online mode through a suitable platform which will be intimated later on. Course material (if any) and lab sessions will also be delivered online. The participants are requested to arrange laptops and a strong internet connection for content delivery and lab/ lecture sessions.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.