The Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Hamirpur is organizing an Online Course on Modeling & Simulation for Transport Processes from November 4 to 8, 2020.
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur is one of the thirty-one NITs of the country, which came into existence on 7th August 1986 as Regional Engineering College, a joint and cooperative enterprise of the Govt. of India and Govt. of Himachal Pradesh. On 26th June 2002, REC Hamirpur was awarded the status of Deemed University and upgraded to National Institute of Technology.
The Institute offers Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral programs in Engineering, Sciences, Architecture, Management, and Humanities. Various programs serve the purpose of building a comprehensive foundation of knowledge and of enhancing confidence, creativity, and innovation in its students.
- To provide fundamental knowledge of mathematical modeling required for mass, momentum, and heat transfer processes.
- To get approximate results from analytical/ numerical modeling and simulation before actual physical experimentation.
- To validate modeling and simulation results with the experimental data.
This well organized STC is divided into two parts.
- It includes fundamentals on modeling and simulation with a background of mass, momentum, and energy transport processes.
- It consists of basic concepts, pre-processing, and post-processing with hands-on exercises with COMSOL Multiphysics, ANSYS, and MATLAB.
This e-STC has many hands-on training sessions on the modeling of various real-life examples such as reactor, heat exchanger, and microfluidic devices and their simulation to get optimum design parameters for physical set-up. This course will be helpful for UG/ PG, Ph.D. students, faculties, and industrialists to enhance their knowledge in the field of modeling and simulation.
The participants will be benefited by prominent speakers from reputed institutions and R&D organizations to clear fundamental/ analytical and numerical aspects whereas visualization of transport processes through pre-processing, solver, and post-processing through hands-on sessions with available computational tools such as COMSOL Multiphysics, Ansys, MATLAB.
Who can Attend?
Students- UG, PG, Ph.D.; Faculty Members; Other professionals- Engineers and scientists from Industry and R&D organizations are invited to apply.
- Student (UG/ PG/ Ph.D.): Rs. 200/-
- Academia/ R&D Labs: Rs. 500/-
- Industry participants: Rs. 1000/-
To register for the course, click here. The last date to register is November 2, 2020.
Dr. T.C. Kumawat
Department of Chemical Engineering
NIT Hamirpur- 177005 (H.P.) India
Email ID: email@example.com
Phone Number: +91-976190765
For full notification, click the link below.