The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal is organizing an Online Short Term Course on Machine Learning for Data Science using Python from March 1 to 10, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
There are 13 Departments offering eight undergraduate and 32 post-graduate programs besides doctoral programs. About 5000 students across the country and about 500 international students study on the campus. It is a fully residential campus sprawling over 250 acres with excellent infrastructure, state of the art library, seminar halls, guest houses, and laboratories.
- The program will positively impact the perceived ability to understand recent advances in machine learning and data science.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate knowledge of machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems in data science, and various other applications.
- Introduction: What is Data Science, Real-life examples and Applications, Data Scientist: The most promising Job of the 21st Century, Machine Learning vs. Data Science vs. AI, Machine Learning types, Generics of machine learning approaches.
- Python Essentials: Installation of Anaconda, Python Editors & IDE’s, (Anaconda, Jupyter), Primitive Data types, lists, tuples, dictionaries, strings, Data manipulation tools (Operators, Functions, Packages, control structures, Loops, arrays), Importing Data from various sources (CSV, txt, excel), Exporting Data to various formats.
- Probability and Statistics for Data Science: Basic probability theory, Random variables, Probability distributions, Markov models, Bayesian learning.
- Regression: Univariate linear regression, multivariate linear regression, Polynomial Regression.
- Classification: Logistic regression, SVM, Multi-class SVM, Decision trees, K-Nearest Neighbors.
Who can Attend?
Faculty members in all disciplines of Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics, Life sciences, Management, Post-Doctoral Fellows, Research Scholars, PG students, UG students who have an aptitude to work in the areas of data sciences and machine learning are invited to apply.
Faculty from different departments of NIT Warangal, Industry R & D will deliver lectures and conduct hands-on sessions.
- Faculty, Post-doctoral fellows, Research Scholars, PG students, UG students: Rs. 1000/-
- Industry participants: Rs. 2000/-
The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 62403680215 (Savings Account); Account Name: Center for Continuing Education NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149; Remarks: CSMLDS.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is February 20, 2021.
Phone Number: 6281746931
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.