The demand of composite materials is huge in thin-walled structural components of aircraft, submarines, civil, automobiles and other high- performance application areas where weight minimization is a major challenge. Its applications lies in aircraft manufacturing, long-span roof structures, tanks and bridges as well as in biomedical industries.
The knowledge of composites will allow to understand the issues associated with these materials, as well as to gain insight into how their usage differs from metals, and ultimately be able to use composites to their fullest potential. This course introduces faculties and professionals to the issues of obtaining optimum performance from fibre-reinforced composite materials through efficient use of fibre architecture within a laminate, based on the fundamental principles of mechanics.
- Basic concept, Configuration and Mechanics of advanced composites, Manufacturing processes of Composites
- Micromechanics of Fibre-reinforced Lamina
- Macromechanics of Laminate
- Mathematical Modelling of composites considering Inter laminar Continuity Effect
- Structural (Static, Buckling, Dynamic and Transient) analysis of composite plates using FEM
- Smart/FGM Composite structures
- Practical applications of Composites:
- Biomedical applications
- Bamboo Reinforced Concrete Composite
- Fibre Reinforced Concrete
- Metamaterials and their applications in Civil Engineering
Who can attend?
Faculty members of Universities/ Engineering colleges approved by AICTE working in the departments of Civil/ Mechanical/ Aerospace Engineering/ Metallurgical/ Materials science/ Ceramic Engineering and other allied departments related to the mentioned area are eligible to attend the course.
- Last date of registration: February 05, 2021.
- Intimation of Selection by email: February 06, 2021.
- Interested candidates can fill application form here.
- Sponsored Participants (from AICTE approved institutions): NO COURSE FEE
- Intending participants are requested to register their names by filling the attached registration form or by filling the online registration form. Scanned copy of the filled application needs to be uploaded in the form given in the registration link.
Dr. Rosalin Sahoo