The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur is organizing an Online Course on the Mechanical Behaviour of Materials from March 15 to 20, 2021.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
This course will provide a broad understanding of various conventional mechanical tests (e.g. tensile, compression, fatigue, creep) which are routinely carried out on different standard and sub-standard samples. In addition, to these conventional tests, participants will also get to know about cutting-edge tests like instrumented indentation and in-situ experiments.
- Hardness/ Impact Testing
- Tensile Testing
- Dislocation theory
- Strengthening mechanisms
- Basics of Fracture Mechanics
- Creep and Superplasticity
- Faculty from AICTE Institutes coming under QIP program (maximum 30): NIL
- Faculty from private/ autonomous Institutions (Non-IITK Faculty): Rs. 5,000/- (Including GST)
- Students of IITK (IITK-Student): Rs. 2,500/- (No GST Required)
- Students from other Educational Institutions (Non-IITK Students): Rs. 3,000/- (Including GST)
- Participant from Industry and R&D labs (Industrial Participant): Rs. 7,000/- (Including GST)
To register for the course, click here.
For full notification, click the link below.