The Department of Computer Applications and Department of Biomedical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Raipur is organizing an Online Short Term Course on Machine Learning in Health Care from October 27 to 31, 2020.
National Institute of Technology, Raipur is situated in the capital of Chhattisgarh. The Institute was founded by the first President of India Hon’ble Dr. Rajendra Prasad on 14th September 1956. Based on the student’s intake in B.Tech. Course, it is the largest NIT in India. Presently, the institute offers 12 undergraduate and 6 postgraduate courses including MCA and M. Tech. in Applied Geology. The institute also offers Ph. D programs, R & D activities, testing consultancy, and other extension services.
The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a pandemic. In the year 2020, the novel coronavirus disease (nCOVID19), its spreading nature and detection, becomes the most challenging problem for the world. In this difficult time, the online mode of teaching is one of the essential for spreading knowledge among the researchers and students.
The objective of this course is to impart the necessary knowledge of the mathematical foundations needed for Machine Learning and develop programming skills required to build data science applications. The learning outcomes of this course:
- Demonstrating the understanding of the mathematical foundations needed for Machine Learning.
- Collect, explore, clean, and manipulate data.
- Implement models such as k-nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, linear and logistic regression, decision trees, neural networks, and clustering.
- Build Machine Learning applications using MATLAB.
The course covers the following contents:
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Types and sources of data
- Techniques of data preprocessing
- Classification techniques and Practical demonstration of various classification Algorithms
- Clustering, Theory, and demonstration of clustering algorithms
- Applications of Machine Learning in Health care.
- Discussion on Real-time projects
Who can Attend?
Faculty, Scientists, Research scholars, and P.G. students from academic institutes, would benefit from the proposed course. As participants are expected from all over India, this course would provide an excellent opportunity for the participants to interact with each other and discuss problems and solutions of mutual interest on an online platform.
Faculty members of NIT Raipur
- There is no Registration fee from any participant.
- On completion of the program on all the days, participants will be awarded an e-Certificate of participation by the Institute.
- The seats are limited to 50 only and applications, the participant will be selected on first-cum-first basis.
- Please register online to attend the Course.
- To register for the course, click here.
- The e-Certificate will be provided to participants after the successful completion of the course.
Dr. Kesari Verma
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online Course on Superconductor based Power Applications by IIT Kharagpur [Oct 1-7]: Register by Sept 25.