The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Tirupati is organizing an Online Short Term Course on Introduction to Quantum Optics from July 19 to 30, 2021.
The Integrated Ph.D. (I-PhD) program at IISER Tirupati is for highly motivated students, who wish to pursue a career in research. Students with an excellent academic record can apply for the I-PhD program upon completion of a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of science. The course combines curricula for Masters and Doctorate degrees into a single integrated program with a blend of course work and research projects.
- Introduction to Quantum Optics (Brief Discussion on History & Achievements, Scope), Quantization of Light
- Quantum Coherent State and its Applications
- Displacement Operator and Quantum Beam Splitter
- Squeezed State and its Applications
- Photon Statistics
- Intensity Interferometer and Correlation Function Measurement
- Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics (Cavity QED)
- Two-Photon Excitation and its Application in Optical Pumping
- Brief Discussion on Laser Cooling and Trapping
- Bose-Einstein Condensation
In addition to the regular lectures, the course will consist of four assignments and four tutorial sessions. Solutions of assignments will be discussed during tutorial sessions. Detailed schedule and virtual classroom link will be shared with the registered participants.
- July 19 to July 23: Every day 10-11 AM
- July 26 to July 30: Every day 10-11 AM
To register for the course, click here.
You might also be interested in: