The Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thiruvananthapuram invites applications for an Online Course on Introduction to Phylogenetics on July 7, 2021.
This course will introduce the theory behind different phylogenetic tree reconstruction approaches and Hands-on sessions using MEGA software. The target audience is students and researchers with no experience in Bioinformatics. Knowledge of computer programming is not required to attend this course.
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is a research institute in India, exclusively devoted to research in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. It is located at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of the state of Kerala in India.
- Lecture: Basics of Phylogenetic Tree Reconstruction Approaches
- Demo: Different Phylogenetic Tree Reconstruction Methods & Quality Assessment using MEGA
- Hands-on: Maximum Likelihood Phylogeny Reconstruction Using an Example Dataset (RAxML & MEGA)
- Interactive session: Open Questions & Discussion
- For Students & Academicians: INR 500
- For Non-Academicians: INR 2500
- For Foreign Participants: 100$
To register for the course, click here.
The last date to register for the course is July 5, 2021.
You might also be interested in: