The Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore is organizing a TEQIP-III Sponsored Online Course on Industrial Noise & Vibration Control from November 26 to 28, 2020.
Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (IIT Indore or IITI), located in Madhya Pradesh, is one of the Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India in 2009. It is one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 which declares eight new IITs as well as the conversion of Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University to IIT.
- Basic of vibration: vibration of one degree, two degrees, and multi-degrees of freedom systems, forced vibration, etc.
- Vibration measurement and control: Various types of transducers, data acquisition systems, vibration analysis techniques, vibration absorbers, viscoelastic damping, active vibration control, etc.
- Basics of acoustics: various acoustic quantities and their relations, measurement of sound pressure, sound intensity and sound power, etc.
- Noise Control: Principles of passive noise control, sound absorption, noise barriers.
- Case studies: Source identification for noise and vibration signals and their control for bearings, gears, fans, blowers, and pumps, etc.
Who can Attend?
- Condition monitoring Engineer/ Maintenance Engineer/ Manager/ Supervisor.
- Professionals working in R&D organizations.
- Faculty from Engineering/ Polytechnic colleges.
- Research scholars, postgraduate and undergraduate students working in the field of noise, vibration, and condition monitoring.
- There is no registration fee for faculty members from TEQIP institutes.
- The registration fee is Rs. 10,000 (for industry personnel); Rs. 5,000 (for faculty members) and Rs. 2,000 (for students).
- To pay the registration fee online, click here.
To download the registration form, click here.
The soft copy of the completely filled registration form (along with the Online payment slip for the course fee) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to register is November 25, 2020.
Dr. Anand Parey, Professor, Mechanical Engineering Discipline
Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Khandwa Road, Simrol, Indore, MP.
Phone Number: 09425053943(M)
For full notification, click the link below.