About the Course
This Professional Certificate is intended to provide the foundational skills required to launch a career in the enterprise platform that powers over 68% of worldwide transactions. Companies around the world are searching for these skills to run their critical system workloads.
In this series of courses, the learner will be introduced to various operating systems, mainframe applications, and get real-time hands-on experience on an IBM Z server. The skills acquired on completion of this Professional Certificate allows the learner to pursue a career as a mainframe application developer, system programmer, system administrator, or a DBA Practitioner.
There are three courses in this specialisation, please be sure to complete all three in order to maximise your time and effort.
- Course 1: Introduction to Enterprise Computing
- Course 2: Getting Started on Mainframe with z/OS Commands and Panels
- Course 3: Basic System Programming on IBM Z
On successful completion of this professional certificate, the learners will be eligible to claim the IBM z/OS Mainframe Practitioner Professional Certificate badge.
What you’ll learn?
- Identify the different architectural families, explain the enhancements for each architecture family and the functions of an operating system
- Explain the concept of a Sysplex and describe methods available for z/OS security.
- Define the IOCP statements for the IOCDS and explain the concept of activation profiles.
- Describe the process of IPLing an operating system
Skills you will gain?
- z systems
- IBM Zz/OS
- Enterprise Software
- System Administration
- z/OS Commands
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera via an affiliate programme.