About the Course
Gain the job-ready skills for an entry-level data analyst role through this eight-course Professional Certificate from IBM and position yourself competitively in the thriving job market for data analysts, which will see a 20% growth until 2028 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Power your data analyst career by learning the core principles of data analysis and gaining hands-on skills practice. You’ll work with a variety of data sources, project scenarios, and data analysis tools, including Excel, SQL, Python, Jupyter Notebooks, and Cognos Analytics, gaining practical experience with data manipulation and applying analytical techniques.
This Professional Certificate does not require any prior programming or statistical skills, and is suitable for learners with or without college degrees. All you need to get started is basic computer literacy, high school math, comfort working with numbers, willingness to learn, and a desire to enrich your profile with valuable skills.
What you will learn?
- Demonstrate proficiency in using spreadsheets and utilizing Excel to perform a variety of data analysis tasks like data wrangling and data mining
- Create various charts and plots in Excel & work with IBM Cognos Analytics to build dashboards. Visualize data using Python libraries like Matplotlib
- Develop working knowledge of Python language for analyzing data using Python libraries like Pandas and Numpy, and invoke APIs and Web Services
- Describe data ecosystem and Compose queries to access data in cloud databases using SQL and Python from Jupyter notebooks
Skills you will gain?
- Microsoft Excel
- Python Programming
- Data Analysis
- IBM Cognos Analytics
- Data Science
- Pivot Table
- Data Visualization (DataViz)
- Introduction to Data Analytics: This course presents a gentle introduction into the concepts of data analysis, the role of a Data Analyst, and the tools that are used to perform daily functions. You will gain an understanding of the data ecosystem and the fundamentals of data analysis, such as data gathering or data mining.
- Excel Basics for Data Analysis: This course is designed to provide you with basic working knowledge for using Excel spreadsheets for Data Analysis. It covers some of the first steps for working with spreadsheets and their usage in the process of analyzing data.
- Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos: This course covers some of the first steps in the development of data visualizations using spreadsheets and dashboards. Begin the process of telling a story with your data by creating the many types of charts that are available in spreadsheets like Excel.
- Python for Data Science and AI: Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python.
- Databases and SQL for Data Science: Much of the world’s data resides in databases. SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a powerful language which is used for communicating with and extracting data from databases.
- Data Analysis with Python: Learn how to analyze data using Python. This course will take you from the basics of Python to exploring many different types of data.
- Data Visualization with Python: “A picture is worth a thousand words”. We are all familiar with this expression. It especially applies when trying to explain the insight obtained from the analysis of increasingly large datasets.
- IBM Data Analyst Capstone Project: In this course you will apply various Data Analytics skills and techniques that you have learned as part of the previous courses in the IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate.
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera via an affiliate programme.