The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing Applications (IIRS) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are together organizing an Online Course on Geospatial Technology for Hydrological Modelling from July 19 to 30, 2021.
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) under Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space, Govt. of India is a premier Training and Educational Institute set up for developing trained professionals in the field of Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics and GNSS Technology for Natural Resources, Environmental, and Disaster Management.
- Geospatial technology applications for Water Resources: An Overview
- Type of hydrological models and Spatial, Non-spatial
- Data Inputs for Hydrological Modelling
- Digital Elevation Model and its Derivatives for hydrological Modelling
- Rainfall-Runoff Modelling
- Snow/ Glacier melt-Runoff Modelling
- Soil Erosion and Sediment Yield Modelling
- Flood peak Estimation using Hydrological Modelling
- River Flow Modelling using 1D Hydrodynamic
- Impact Climate Change on Hydrological Regime
Who can Attend?
The course is designed for professionals from Central/ Sate Govt./ Private Organizations/ NGO engaged in water resources management and planning, regional and national water resources projects; students and researchers aligned to research in water resources.
To register for the workshop, click here. There is no course fee.
All the participants who attend 70% of sessions of the course live via the e-class portal. The participants who attend the course sessions via
IIRS youtube channel should mark their attendance via offline session available after 24 hrs.
You might also be interested in: