The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela is organizing an Online One Week Short Term CEP Course on Futuristic Wireless Communication and IoT – 5G and Beyond from November 7 to 11, 2020.
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela was founded as Regional Engineering College, Rourkela in 1961. It is a prestigious Institute with a reputation for excellence at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, fostering the spirit of national integration among the students, close interaction with industry, and a strong emphasis on teaching and research in both basic and applied fields.
Being an Institute of National Importance it has been consistently ranked within TOP 20 engineering institutes for the last five consecutive years as per NIRF ranking of Ministry of Education, Government of India. It is ranked 16 in the NIRF Rankings 2020 of Indian Engineering Universities.
This course will open up many potential research directions, opportunities, and challenges ahead. They also plan to accommodate a few interested undergraduate and postgraduate students with good academic record, who would like to further explore the cutting-edge research in future wireless technologies.
The participants will also get an exposure to the practical implementation of 5G technologies through demonstrative lectures by invited industry experts. The participants will be provided with online certificates upon completion of the short term CEP course.
- 5G New Radio concepts & standardization
- Radio access technologies for 5G
- Network layer Architecture for 5G/IoT connectivity
- Network Slicing for 5G and Beyond MAC Layer
- 5G Challenges and Enabling Technologies
- 5G Security – Opportunities & Challenges
- IoT applications of WSN on 5G infrastructure
- Machine learning for 5G and beyond
- Cognitive Radio applications in 5G
- THz Communication Technologies
- Future 6G Wireless
- 5G system simulation using SystemView and prototyping with SDR platform
- Prof. Ramjee Prasad, Fellow IEEE, Aarhus University, Herning, Denmark
- Prof. Ashutosh Dutta, Fellow IEEE, IEEE Communications Society Distinguished Lecturer, Founding Co-Chair for IEEE 5G Initiative, USA, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Prof. Prasant Mohapatra, Fellow IEEE, Vice Chancellor for Research, Distinguished Professor of Computer Science, University of California Davis the USA
- Prof. Mohamed-Slim Alouini, Fellow IEEE, IEEE Communications Society Distinguished Lecturer, KAUST, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Prof. Sudip Misra, Humboldt Fellow (Germany), INAE Fellow (India), NASI Fellow (India), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Prof. Iti Saha Misra, Vice-Chairman, IEEE Kolkata Section, Comsoc Chapter Chair 2013-2018, Jadavpur University
- Prof. Chandra Murthy, Past Chair of the IEEE Signal Processing Society, Bangalore Chapter, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
- Dr. Kapil Bhattad, Principal Engineer at Qualcomm, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Dr. David Soldani, CTO, Huawei (Australia), Adjunct Professor at New South Wales
- Dr. Tushar Vrind, Director, Samsung Semiconductor India Research (SSIR)
Who can Attend?
In these five days’ duration, of course, a team of distinguished experts from academia and industries will present their visions and share their expertise on various topics related to the near future of wireless communication and networks.
Thus, the course is suitable for engineers, faculties, and research scholars pursuing a Ph.D. and also will be highly beneficial for them to gain in-depth technical knowledge in emerging 5G-IoT technologies, applications & services.
- UG/ PG Students: Rs. 500.00/-
- Doctoral Scholars: Rs. 600.00/-
- Faculties from Academia: Rs. 800.00/-
- Industry persons: Rs. 1000.00/-
The Registration Fee: To be deposited in the following account: Account Name: DIRECTOR NIT ROURKELA; Account Number: 37537622247; IFSC Code: SBIN0002109; Swift Code: SBINBB137 Bank: STATE BANK OF INDIA; Branch: NIT CAMPUS ROURKELA.
To register for the online course, click here. The last date to register is October 31, 2020.
Prof. Suman Kr. Dey
Email ID: email@example.com; Phone Number: (+91) 9681386110
For full notification, click the link below.