About the Course
Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks.
This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects.
What you will learn?
- How to initiate, define and organize a project
- How to develop a project plan, including scoping, sequencing tasks, and determining a critical path
- How to assess, prioritize and manage project risk
- How to execute projects and use the earned value approach for monitoring and controlling progress
Skills you will gain
- Risk Analysis
- Project Planning
- Project Management
- Welcome to the World of Projects: Welcome to the course — we’re excited you’re here! In our first week, we’ll gain an understanding of what a project is, what it isn’t, and why that matters. We’ll consider how projects are defined and a project’s three objectives.
- The Ins & Outs of Project Planning: During our second week, we’ll start digging into the details, focusing on how to develop a project plan. We’ll understand why we plan and what a plan should or should not include.
- It’s a Risky World & Then the Unexpected Happened: In our third week, we’ll consider the risk and uncertainties projects face. We’ll understand what is risky about projects. We’ll identify and assess project risks and prioritize these risks in order to focus our attention on those most impactful to the project.
- Ready, Set, Go: Project Execution: In our final week, we’ll move from plan to action and consider the execution phase of a project. We’ll learn about the earned value approach for monitoring and controlling progress.
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera via an affiliate programme.