The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur is organizing an Online Course Frontier areas on Econometrics & Trade with Special Emphasis on Machine Learning & Firm-level Trade from March 15 to 21, 2021.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
- Become familiar with the utility of ANN and Deep learning methodologies like Lasso, SVMs, LSTM, and Random Forest for international trade analysis and prescriptive forecasting.
- Use partial equilibrium models structural gravity analysis for the understanding relationship between trade and welfare, trade creation and trade diversion, and firm-level trade analysis
- Use SMART, TINA, WITS, and GTAP to understand the economy-wide impact of changes in trade policies
- Build a deeper understanding of Trade and Service and Non-tariff barriers and what restricts trade in services?
- Utilities of probability density functions and distribution functions in trade analysis and other economic applications
- Get exposed to Econometric techniques like non-parametric regression, spatial regression, quantile regression, SFA, volatility models, count data models, simultaneous equations and VAR methodologies with non-linearity, panel data procedures, Impact evaluation methodologies like RDD and DID, among others
- Explore key concepts and historical turning points that have shaped contemporary international trade-related issues like Brexit financial crisis, trade wars, removal of GSP reforms among others using GTAP analysis.
- Introduction to Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and ANN model
- Theoretical Model from Ricardo to Heckscher Ohlin, Linderâ€™s hypothesis,
- New Trade theory by Krugman
- New-New Trade theory by Melitz, Chaney, and Ottavianio
- Empirics of International trade: Gravity analysis and its latest formulation, Analysis of FDI and its spill-over effects,
- Trade and inequality, trade and poverty, trade and environment, trade and labor
- Trade and institution and vice versa, among others
- Trade policy analysis using Partial and General Equilibrium tools: SMART
- GTAP analysis for the evaluation of regional trade agreements, Partial and General Equilibrium analysis for evaluating Trade Wars.
- Faculty from AICTE Institutes coming under QIP program (maximum 30): NIL
- Faculty from private/ autonomous Institutions (Non-IITK Faculty): Rs. 590/- (Including GST)
- Students of IITK (IITK-Student): No registration fees
- Students from other Educational Institutions (Non-IITK Students): Rs. 354/- (Including GST)
- Participant from Industry and R&D labs (Industrial Participant): Rs. 590/- (Including GST)
To register for the course, click here.
For full notification, click the link below.