The Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati is organizing an Online Course on Fracture Mechanics and its Applications in Laminated Composites from March 1 to 5, 2021.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati is a public technical and research university established by the Government of India, located in Guwahati, in the state of Assam in India. It is the sixth Indian Institute of Technology established in India.
A basic course on linear elastic fracture mechanics (LEFM) will bring out the principles in an elusive manner to address the mechanics of failure in such materials. The present short-term course will clearly address the need for fracture mechanics in the design and development of structures made of brittle materials or small-scale plasticity exhibit materials.
The participants will also gain an understanding of the deformation and failure behavior of composite materials and structures coupled with fracture mechanics principles. A laboratory class will introduce the computational modeling of composite material for fail-safe design.
The course will focus on the:
- An in-depth understanding of the linear elastic fracture mechanics concepts.
- Estimating the crack related parameters (SIF, J) using FEM
- Manufacturing composite laminates with edge crack for estimating the failure behavior
- Modeling of layered composite beam and plate structures.
- Developing a finite element modelling simulation of composite materials wih crack in commercial software.
Who can Attend?
The course is open to faculty members/ students from TEQIP mapped Institutions/ Engineering Colleges/ ATUs. No course fee is charged.
To download the registration form, click here.
The duly sponsored/ nominated application form should be mailed to email@example.com. The last date to register is February 21, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.