About the Course
With the advent in the technology adaptation, the next generation wireless technology is no longer an old paradigm shift in implementing the new technologies. The migration from LTE [4G] to New Radio [5G] leads to the research exploration with different ranges of use cases and various next generation applications, who challenges various critical performance aspects like throughput, higher data rates, extremely low latency along with the demand of ultra-reliable applications like smart grid, V2X.
The core technology enabling use cases lies in the implementation of the protocol stack aspect with major features like scheduling, HARQ, Propagation channel models and New Radio protocol stack. This workshop allows the participants to explore the Design skills and implementation details, a very rare skill taught about the 5G Mobile standards considering protocol stack layer as per the 3gpp standards.
Also helpful for the participants in understanding the big picture about the end-to-end 5G technical insights like network slicing, network function virtualization involving various use cases like IoT, UAV, Drones.
About IIT Patna
Indian Institute of Technology Patna is one of the new IITs established by an Act of the Indian Parliament on August 06, 2008. Patna which was known as Patliputra has been a center of knowledge since long has been attracting visitors and scholars from many parts of the world such as China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Sri Lanka, among others.
This has been a land of visionaries. Some of the legends from this region include Lord Gautam Buddha, Lord Mahavir, Guru Gobind Singh, the famous astronomer Aryabhatta and the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad. IIT Patna has ten departments with developed modern facilities that are fully equipped with the state-of-the-art facilities that are routinely used to train and educate students.
Wireless Fundamentals, System Design, Cellular Communication.
- 5G, Network Slicing, Network Function Virtualization – Part 1
- Computational Wireless Dynamics – Part 1 (Flt. Lt. AT Kishore, CEO, Vidhya Sangha Technologies)
- G, Network Slicing, Network Function Virtualization (Applications: self-driving car, IoT verticles, UAV Drones) – Part 2
- Computational Wireless Dynamics – Part 2
- Role of C and C++ in Wireless Protocol Stack Design
- 4G/5G PS Base Station Software Design with C++ – Part 1
- 4G/5G PS Base Station Software Design with C++ – Part 2
- 4G/5G UE PS Software Design with C++
- UE and eNB Practical Hands-on Linux Platform – Part 1
- UE and eNB Practical Hands-on Linux Platform – Part 2
- Interested candidates can register online via this page.
- Registration fee: Rs. 1000
Rohit Kumar Gupta, IIT Patna