Azim Premji University, Bangalore is organizing an Online Course on Exploring Sustainability in the Indian Context from November 6 to December 24, 2020.
Azim Premji University was established in Karnataka by the Azim Premji University Act 2010 as a not-for-profit University and is recognized by The University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2F.
The University currently has five postgraduate programs – M.A.Education, M.A.Economics, M.A. Development, M.A.Public Policy & Governance, and LL.M. (Law and Development).
- This interdisciplinary, multi-instructor course provides an introduction to sustainability within the context of development in India.
- The course will develop an integrated perspective on sustainability along ecological and social dimensions, and use these to examine critical themes of importance to India, like population, food, and climate change.
- It will further explore how our imagination of culture, markets, state, and even of nature itself influences sustainability action.
- The course will end with examining how to take sustainability action – as individuals, communities, and larger collectives, and across all scales, from the local to the global.
- Participants in this fully online course are expected to watch video lectures, join interactive video-discussions with faculty, and participate in discussion forums.
- Those who complete all activities and tests and submit assignments will get a Certificate of Participation from Azim Premji University.
- Understand what sustainability is in an Indian context.
- Appreciate different social and ecological aspects of sustainability.
- Interpret real-world issues such as population, food, and climate change through the lens of sustainability.
- Discover how our imagination of nature, culture, markets and the state influences sustainability action.
- Explore different types of action at individual, community, and government levels.
- Framing Sustainability
- Population and Sustainability
- Food and Sustainability
- Climate Change
- Situating Sustainability
- Sustainability Action and You
Who can Attend?
This course is designed for those seeking an integrated and multi-disciplinary understanding of sustainability both in theory and practice. It is ideal for students curious about sustainability as well as development practitioners interested in deepening their understanding.
The course fee is Rs.1180, inclusive of taxes. Fee waivers available for deserving candidates are also available.
To register for the online course, click here. Certificate of Participation will be issued to participants who complete the requirements listed below:
- Watch at least 70% of video lectures fully.
- Achieve at least 50% marks on the two quizzes.
Participants can access course materials through any web browser or Android OS mobile phone. Login credentials will be provided upon registration.
For full notification, click the link below.