The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore is conducting an Online Course on Environmental Management from September 3 to December 8, 2020. This course provides an overview of the key concepts and principles in environmental management, areas of global and national environmental concern, and strategies and tools for effective environmental management.
Various tools, which can be used to address environmental problems and the role that the professionals can play in managing the environment in their respective areas would be discussed.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) established in 1909, is a Deemed University and Centrally Funded Technical Institution under the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India.
- Principles of Environmental Management.
- Principles of Ecology, Environment & Environmental Management.
- Municipal Solid Waste Management – Principle and case studies
- Policies and Legal Aspect of Environmental Management.
- Overview of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA); Preparation and Review of Environmental Impact Assessment Report.
- Environmental Audit.
- Life Cycle Assessment as EM Tool.
- Environmental Management Systems Standards: ISO 14000 (EMS).
- Environmental Design.
- Environmental Economics.
- Application of Geoinformatics (Geographic Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing) in Environmental Management.
- Carrying capacity assessment.
- Rs. 20000+18% GST for participants nominated from academic institutions and government agencies.
- Rs. 18000+18% GST for ISTE Members with work experience of 5 years as teaching faculty and nominated from academic institutions.
- Rs. 10000+18% GST for PG students and weaker sections (including SCs/STs – include certificate), unemployed Fresh graduates (graduated after 2018).
- Rs. 28,000+18% GST for participants from industries and independent consultants.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here. The last date to register is August 5, 2020.
Successful applicants will be informed by 15th August 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online Program on Deep Learning & Applications by NIT Warangal [Sept 14-18]: Register by Sept 7.