About the Course
This series is excellent preparation for learning other ways to build web applications using technologies like PHP (Web Applications for Everybody), Flask or Ruby on Rails. This is a great first course in any web development curriculum.
Learners are encouraged to take the Python for Everybody Specialization or equivalent before beginning this specialization. Some may find it helpful to take the Web Design for Everybody Specialization before or after this series.
What you will learn?
- Install and deploy a Django application; build HTML web pages styled by CSS
- Describe and build a data model in Django, applying model query and template tags/code of Django Template Language
- Apply built-in login functionality in Django; define sessions, cookies, and one-to-many models
Skills you will gain
- Cascading Style Sheets (CCS)
- Django (Web Framework)
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
- Django Template Language
- GET & POST
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Cross-Site Scripting Forgery (CSRF)
- User authentication
- Sessions and cookies
There are 4 Courses in this Specialization
- Web Application Technologies and Django: In this course, you’ll explore the basic structure of a web application, and how a web browser interacts with a web server. You’ll be introduced to the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) request/response cycle, including GET/POST/Redirect.
- Building Web Applications in Django: In this course, you will learn how Django communicates with a database through model objects. You will explore Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) for database access and how Django models implement this pattern.
- Django Features and Libraries: In this course, you will learn how to build Django-based web applications suitable for use by end users. You will learn about cookies, sessions, and authentication processes in Django.
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.