About the Course
In this project-centered course*, you will create a content-rich infographic on a topic of your choice using Adobe Illustrator (which you can download for a free, 30-day trial).
You might choose to create a visual representation of data from the world of sports, entertainment, politics, or science, to explain a business trend or environmental issue, or even to present a theme or development from your personal life. Your finished infographic will engage your target audience and convey information clearly through effective use of design elements such as typography, color, and structure.
What you’ll learn?
Whether you’re a graphic designer, a writer or the intern in the department, you’ll learn:
- what an infographic is and what makes a good one
- how to work within your limits
- how to work with a team (if you have one)
- why infographics are effective
- techniques for spotting data in stories
- six valuable steps for planning an effective infographic
- how to use and make some of the building blocks of infographics: maps, charts and flow charts
- ways data can be visualized to clarify it and give it meaning
- how to effectively design a good infographic by effectively using elements like type, color and an underlying grid structure
- some free or cheap, online tools for making various kinds of infographics
Skills you will gain
- Communication Design
- Graphic Design
About the University
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 150 years.
One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
- Plan and layout an infographic
- Make a chart
- Make a map
- Make a inforgraphic
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera via an affiliate programme.