The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Karnataka is organizing an A Self-Financed Online Short Term Course on Design and Control of Power Electronic Converters and its Applications from October 19 to 23, 2020.
NITK Surathkal is a premier institution engaged in imparting quality technological education and providing support to research and development activities. NITK is recognized as an institute of national importance by an act of parliament. NITK has carved a niche for itself among the best technical institutes in India. NITK offers 9 UG, 26 PG programs and Ph.D. programs.
Power Electronic converters are employed in a variety of applications including Switch Mode Power Supplies, Motor Drives, Renewable Energy Conversion systems, Power Systems, Electric Vehicles etc., This course covers the Design, Operation and Control of Power Converters for different applications.
The following topics will be covered:
- Switch Mode Power Supplies
- Design of DC – DC Converters
- Design of Multistring Inverters for Micro-Grid
- Design of Power Converters for Solar Energy Conversion
- Design of Multi-level Inverter Topologies.
- Power Converters for Electric Vehicles
- Power Quality Improvement
Who can Attend?
Faculty/ Industry persons and Students (UG/ PG/ Ph.D.) are invited to apply for the course.
- Faculty/ Industry persons: Rs. 350/-
- Students (UG/ PG/ Ph.D.): Rs. 250/-
The registration fee can be paid via bank transfer to the following account details: Account Name: Director-STEP; Account No.: 8517101005614; Bank Name: Canara Bank; Branch: NITK Campus, Surathkal, Mangalore; IFSC code: CNRB0008517.
- To register for the course, click here.
- This short term course will be on virtual mode, the coordinator(s) will send the details for joining the online sessions to the email ID of the registered participants.
- E-Certificate will be provided to the participant with no absenteeism.
- The last date to register is October 10, 2020.
Dr. B. Venkatesa Perumal, Professor-EEE, Professor-In-Charge NITK-STEP, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Mangalore, Karnataka – 575025.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Applied Science and Humanities by NIT Puducherry [Dec 14-18]: Register by Nov 27.