The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras is organizing an Online Course on Data Science for Engineers from July 20, 2020, to September 11, 2020.
The course will cover the following objectives:
- Introduce R as a programming language
- Introduce the mathematical foundations required for data science
- Introduce the first level data science algorithms
- Introduce a data analytics problem-solving framework
- Introduce a practical capstone case study.
- Describe a flow process for data science problems (Remembering)
- Classify data science problems into standard typology (Comprehension)
- Develop R codes for data science solutions (Application)
- Correlate results in the solution approach followed (Analysis)
- Assess the solution approach (Evaluation)
- Construct use cases to validate the approach and identify modifications required (Creating)
- Weel 1: Course philosophy and introduction to R
- Week 2: Linear algebra for data science
- Week 3: Statistics (descriptive statistics, the notion of probability, distributions, mean, variance, covariance, covariance matrix, understanding univariate and multivariate normal distributions, introduction to hypothesis testing, the confidence interval for estimates).
- Week 4: Optimization
- Week 5: Simple linear regression and verifying assumptions used in linear regression.
- Week 6: Classification using logistic regression.
- Week 8: Classification using kNN and k-means clustering.
The course is free to enroll and learn from. But if you want a certificate, you have to register and write the proctored exam conducted by IIT Madras in person at any of the designated exam centers. The exam is optional for a fee of Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only).
The Date and Time of Exams are 27 September 2020; The Morning session will be conducted from 9 am to 12 noon and The Afternoon Session from 2 pm to 5 pm. The Certificate will have your name, photograph, and the score in the final exam with the breakup. It will have the logos of NPTEL and IIT Madras
To register online for the course, click here.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Free Online Course on Big Data Computing by IIT Patna [17 Aug-9 Oct]: Register by Aug 17.