The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur is organizing a free online course on Data Mining from February 15 to April 9, 2021.
The course will cover the fundamentals of data mining. It will explain the basic algorithms like data preprocessing, association rules, classification, clustering, sequence mining, and visualization. It will also explain implementations in open-source software. Finally, case studies on industrial problems will be demonstrated.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur or IIT KGP) is a public technical and research university established by the government of India in 1951. It is the first of the IITs to be established and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance. In 2019 it was awarded the status of the Institute of Eminence by the government of India.
- Week 1: Introduction, Data Preprocessing
- Week 2: Association Rule Mining, Classification Basics
- Week 3: Decision Tree, Bayes Classifier, K nearest neighbor
- Week 4:Support Vector Machine, Kernel Machine
- Week 5: Clustering, Outlier detection
- Week 6: Sequence mining
- Week 7: Evaluation, Visualization.
- Week 8: Case studies
The course will be taught by Professor Pabitra Mitra who is an Associate Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. He did his B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur and Ph.D. from ISI Calcutta.
He was a Scientist at the Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Bangalore, and an Assistant Professor at IIT Kanpur. He received the INAE Young Engineer Award, IBM Faculty Award, and Yahoo Faculty Award. He has authored a book on Data mining and about 50 papers in international journals.
- The course is free to enroll and learn from. But if you want a certificate, you have to register and write the proctored exam conducted by us in person at any of the designated exam centers.
- The exam is optional for a fee of Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only).
- Date and Time of Exams: 24 April 2021. Morning session: 9 am to 12 noon; Afternoon Session 2 pm to 5 pm.
- Criteria to get a certificate: Average assignment score = 25% of the average of the best 6 assignments out of the total 8 assignments given in the course. Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100.
To register for the course, click here.
For full notification, click the link below.