The Teaching-Learning Centre, Tezpur University is organizing an online Interdisciplinary Refresher Course on Changing Perspectives in Pedagogy from 8 and 22 October 2020. The program is being organized by TLC under PMMMNMTT Scheme, Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
Tezpur University is a Central University located in Tezpur in the North-Eastern state of Assam, India, established by an act of Parliament, in 1994.
- Teaching Learning Centre has been conducting Refresher Courses and other training programs for teachers of higher education as per the PMMMNMTT mandate since 2016.
- Keeping in view the norms regarding the COVID19 Pandemic, the proposed Refresher Course will be conducted in online mode.
- Major areas to be covered in the workshop are – Programme Objectives and Learning Outcomes, Core Teaching Strategies, Online Pedagogical Tools, Online Evaluation, Pedagogical Action Research, Gender Perspectives in Pedagogy, National Education Policy 2020 and Impact on Higher Education, Environment, Sustainable Development, and Pedagogical Goals, Mental Health, etc.
- The program will have a reasonable emphasis on online pedagogy, but traditional pedagogical issues like core teaching strategies will also be included.
- The refresher course will include both live sessions and pre-recorded video sessions disseminated in online mode.
- Each session will carry assignments.
Who can Attend?
The Teaching-Learning Centre, Tezpur University invites faculty members of Universities, Colleges, and Institutes of higher education to participate in the workshop. If the number of participants exceeds the intake capacity, the applicants will be shortlisted as per UGC and GoI norms.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to pay a token amount of Rs. 700.00 within the stipulated time, to be informed in due course of time.
- Full-time participation is mandatory during the program and hence the candidates may obtain the necessary permission from their controlling officers while applying for the same.
- E-certificate will be awarded to the participants after attending all the sessions and proper submission of all assignments.
- The Number of seats available is 250.
- To register online for the course, click here.
- The last date to register is October 5, 2020.
- The entire program will be managed through Google Classroom and Google Meet.
- The applicants need to have access to a laptop/ desktop along with a stable internet connection for participating in online live classes and to perform the online tasks during the refresher course.
- The use of a mobile phone is to be discouraged.
For full notification, click the link below.