About the Course
The course is primarily intended for faculty teaching power electronics, students pursuing their research in power electronics, and practicing engineers in the industry. As power electronic converters are inevitably required to process renewable/stored energy into useful electric form, many advanced converter control techniques are developed during recent years.
These are in practice today but are missing in the graduate curriculums of power electronics. Even books explaining these details are not available. The objective of this course is to fill this gap with theoretical sessions explaining the operation and control of all the popular power converters (DCDC, DC-AC, and AC-DC) used for harnessing renewable energy.
Along with a few simulation sessions will also be conducted to validate the performance benefits of converter control algorithms learned during the theoretical sessions.
- Derivation, Design, and Simulation of SingleStage Micro-Inverter Topologies.
- Power Converters for Fast Battery Charging.
- Application of Power Filters in Renewable Energy Systems.
- Role of Custom Power Devices in Electric Vehicles and Drives System.
- Continuous-Time Feedback Controller Design and its Discrete-Time Realization.
- Application of Conventional Control and Soft Computing in Power Converter Switching.
- Advance Control System and its Application.
- Optimization Techniques for Power Electronic Systems.
Who can attend?
Mostly Faculty members and industrial persons. Research Scholars and Engineering students.
- The last date of registration is 8th Sept, 2020.
- The candidates would be informed of their selection through E-mail by 11th Sept, 2020.
- Prospective applicants for the participation in the ‘course’ should register via this page or send the duly filled scanned copy of the application form to the following email id: APECS2020[at]gmail.com.
- Registration fee:
Students/ Research scholars Rs. 300/-
Institute/ College Teachers Rs. 600/-
Delegates from industries Rs. 1000/-
Dr. Sanjay Tolani /Dr. Rajasekharareddy Chilipi
Tel : 0261- 2201562 (office, EED)
E-mail: sanjay.tolani74[at]gmail.com and rajasekhar55ch[at]gmail.com