The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), is organizing an Online Training Program on Online Course on Application of Geoinformatics in Ecological Studies from July 13 to 24, 2020.
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) under Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space, Govt. of India is a premier Training and Educational Institute set up for developing trained professionals in the field of Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics and GNSS Technology for Natural Resources, Environmental and Disaster Management.
- An overview of the application of geoinformatics in ecological studies
- Ecological niche-based species distribution modeling.
- Ecological studies using LiDAR.
- Biodiversity assessment with geoinformatics.
- Geostatistical analysis in ecological studies.
- Biodiversity informatics and citizen science.
- Satellite telemetry for wildlife studies.
- Ecological studies using cloud computing (Demo)
Course study materials like lecture slides, video-recorded lectures, open-source software & handouts of demonstrations, etc. will be made available through e-class.
The course is designed for professionals from Central/ State Govt./Private Organizations/NGO/students and researchers engaged in ecological studies.
The course participants have to be duly sponsored by their university/ institution and application should be forwarded through coordinators from respective organizations/centers. Users attending programs under CEC-UGC/ CIET/ other networks can also participate. Institutions on high-speed National Knowledge Network (NKN) can also participate.
- There is no registration fee for the course.
- To register online for the course, click here.
- Certificates will be awarded based on 70% attendance and 40% in the online examination.
For official notification, click the link below.