The Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Hamirpur is organizing an Online short-term course (e-STC) on Advances in Structural Engineering from January 11 to 15, 2021.
The institute came into existence on August 7, 1986, as Regional Engineering College Hamirpur in Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India. It was a joint enterprise of the Government of India and the Government of Himachal Pradesh. On June 26, 2002, the institute was awarded the status of the deemed university and upgraded into a National Institute of Technology.
The primary aim of this e-STC is to enhance technical and professional competency as well as organizing skills of the faculty members in the field of structural engineering. The course will promote interaction with professionals working in specific areas of research in Academic Institutions, Research Labs, and Industries. Also, exposure will be provided to the audience from renowned speakers on the latest developments in Academia, Research and Industry.
This program will bring a positive transformation among the faculty members, research scholars and participants from industries towards research work, and enable the participants to develop competence in understanding recent advances in the proposed topic of the course.
- Composite structures
- Performance of prestressed concrete against high-velocity impact
- The ballistic response of concrete targets
- Corrosion in metallic structures
- Seismic behaviour of structures
- Structural reliability
- Advanced concrete technology
- Stochastic mechanics
- Retrofitting of structural members
- Advanced structural health monitoring
- Structural engineering
- Fatigue behaviour, durability and performance of special concretes etc.
You might also be interested in Online Course on Advanced Materials Testing & Characterization by NIT Hamirpur [Jan 11-15]: Register by Jan 8.
- Prof. M A Iqbal, IIT Roorkee
- Prof. Sandeep Chowdhury, IIT Indore
- Dr. Achal Kumar Mittal, CBRI Roorkee
- Prof. S P Singh, NIT Jalandhar
- Prof. Naveen Kwatra, TIET Patiala
- Prof. Vijay Pal Singh, NIT Kurukshetra
- Dr. Nikhil Pujari, Willis Towers Watson
- Dr. Shrisendu Sikdar, Ghent University, Belgium
- Dr. Saurabh Shirodhonkar, IIT Roorkee
- Dr. Abhishek Rajput, IIT Indore
- Dr. Souvik Chakraborty, IIT Delhi
- Dr. Aditya Singh Rajput, IIT Ropar
- Dr. Amit Rathi, IIT Jodhpur
- Dr. Subhrajit Dutta, NIT Silchar
- Dr. Pardeep Kumar, NIT Hamirpur
Who can Attend?
This program is open to faculty members, scientists, research scholars, PG & UG Students and industrial personnel.
- Rs. 500 for Academia/ R&D Labs participants
- Rs. 200 for Students
- Rs. 1000 for participants from Industry
The registration fees can be paid via SBI Collect.
To register for the course, click here. The last date to register is January 6, 2021. E-certificates will be provided to the participants, with at least 80% attendance, upon successful completion of the program.
Dr. Vimal Kumar
Email: vimalkumar@nith ac.in
For full notification, click the link below.