The Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore is organizing an Online Short Term Course on Advances in Condition Based Maintenance using Vibration and Noise Monitoring from February 19 to 21, 2021.
Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (IIT Indore or IITI), located in Madhya Pradesh, is one of the Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India in 2009. It is one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 which declares eight new IITs as well as the conversion of Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University to IIT.
The demand is increasing day by day for increasing the load-carrying capacity, enhancing the performance and service life of mechanical systems. Failure of machines causes huge monitory losses. Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) can help in preventing catastrophic failure thereby saving down-time and monitory losses.
Vibration and Noise monitoring are some of the most successful techniques used for CBM of the mechanical systems. This short-term course is aimed at providing the sound fundamental knowl edge of various CBM techniques with an emphasis on noise and vibration monitoring of the mechanical system.
- Condition-based maintenance
- Basics of vibration monitoring
- Various types of transducers, data acquisition system, vibration analysis techniques
- basics of noise monitoring
- various acoustic quantities and their relations
- Measurement of sound pressure, sound intensity and sound power, etc.
- Bearing and gear fault diagnosis
- Dynamic modeling of bearing and gearbox for fault diagnosis
- Tribodynamics of spur gears
- Signal processing techniques for analysis of vibration and noise signals
- Various case studies on fault detection of mechanical and electrical rotating machines.
- Rs.10,000 (for industry personnel).
- Rs. 5,000 (for faculty/ scientist).
- Rs. 2,000 (for students).
Interested candidates can submit the registration fee by clicking here.
To download the registration form, click here.
The soft copy of the completely filled-in registration form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18 February 2021.
Dr. Anand Parey
Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Indore,
Khandwa Road, Simrol, Indore, MP.
For full notification, click the link below.