IIT Bhubaneswar is organizing a 5-day AICTE Sponsored Online Online Course on Advancement in Manufacturing Processes & Techniques from July 12 to 16, 2021.
The present course has been designed to introduce the advancement in different manufacturing processes, including conventional machining of advanced materials, laser material processing techniques, like cutting, drilling, grooving, etc., hybrid machining, additive manufacturing, severe plastic deformation techniques etc. Along with the basic phenomena and advances in these processes, this course also focuses on some of the specific industrial applications specifically in aerospace, medical and nuclear industry, their challenges, and corresponding technological innovations.
IIT Bhubaneswar, established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 came into existence on 22nd July 2008. The Institute strives to offer the best engineering education with unmatched novelties in the curriculum.
- Laser additive manufacturing
- Laser cutting, grooving, and drilling,
- Water assisted laser processing
- Super finish processes
- Machining of hard materials
- Hybrid machining processes (VAM, LAM),
- Modeling and simulation in machining
- Minimum quantity lubrication, Cryogenics in machining
- Severe plastic deformation processes
- Modeling of solidification in manufacturing
- Robotics and automation in manufacturing,
- AR/ VR in manufacturing
- Laser-based sensing techniques
The course would cover the broad spectrum of contemporary and futuristic manufacturing. The course would have the lab component too. The lectures would be taken by the faculty members of IIT Bhubaneswar and the invited speakers from other IITs.
- AICTE approved Institutes (QIP participant): Free up to 30 participants (on First Come First Serve basis) Beyond 30 seats: Rs. 4000/- +18% GST (Total Rs. 4720/-)
- Sponsored: Non AICTE approved Institutes/ Univ./ Research Organisation/ Industry: Rs. 5000/- + 18% GST per person (Total Rs. 5900/-)
Bank details for payment: A/c Name: CEP, IIT Bhubaneswar; Bank A/c No.: 24282010001960; IFSC Code: CNRB0017282; Bank Name: Canara Bank, IIT Bhubaneswar.
To download the registration form, click here.
The filled-in registration form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also be interested in