The Center for Advanced Electronics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore is organizing an Online Course on Advanced Technology for Materials Physics and Engineering from November 16 to 20, 2020.
Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (IIT Indore or IITI), located in Madhya Pradesh, is one of the Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India in 2009. It is one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 which declares eight new IITs as well as the conversion of Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University to IIT.
- To provide the participants with a working knowledge of semiconductors, electronics, materials science, Li-ion battery, energy storage technology, microstructure-property relations, and atomistic modeling of nanostructures.
- To provide the participants with the mathematical tools needed for the quantitative characterization of microstructure and calculation of effective properties.
- To provide the participants with a working knowledge of the various tools and techniques needed to characterize and design heterogeneous materials using both micromechanics and nano-mechanics techniques.
- To introduce the participants to practical problems of micromechanics and nano-mechanics, and their solutions, through case studies and live projects.
- Introduction to Semiconductors, Physics of Semiconductors, Electronics.
- Materials Physics and Materials Science, Soft materials, Energy Materials, Li-ion Battery Technology, H2-storage Technology.
- Corrosion Engineering, Computer Simulations at Different Time Scales, Multiscale Aspects of Materials, Creating New Materials.
- Thermodynamics of Materials Engineering, Principles of Engineering.
- Practice, Introduction to Porous Semiconductor materials.
- Fundamentals of Materials Science and Engineering.
- Solar Cell, Transistors, Introduction to Phase-Field Method and Its Formalisms, some examples related to microstructure evolution.
- Dr. Srimanta Pakhira (Assistant Professor, IITI)
- Dr. Mrigendra Dubey (Assistant Professor, IITI)
- Dr. Sumanta Samal (Assistant Professor, IITI)
- Dr. Sudeshna Chattopadhyay (Associate Professor, IITI)
- Dr. Shailesh I. Kundalwal (Associate Professor, IITI)
- Dr. Dhirendra K. Rai (Assistant Professor, IITI)
- Dr. Shaibal Mukherjee (Associate Professor, IITI)
- Dr. Jayaprakash Murugesan (Assistant Professor, IITI)
- There is no fee for participants (students/ researcher/ faculty) from TEQIP sponsored colleges.
- Non-TEQIP Colleges: The fee is ₹ 2000 for students/ research scholars and ₹ 4000 for faculty.
- For industry personnel, the fee is ₹ 6000.
The payment can be made By Demand Draft: Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Registrar, IIT Indore”, payable at Indore OR by NEFT Transfer: Registration fee can be paid through NEFT. Transfer of the amount can be done to the A/c number given below: Name of the Beneficiary: Registrar, IIT Indore; Name of Bank: Canara Bank; Branch: IIT Indore, Simrol Campus Branch; Beneficiary Account No.: 1476101027440; Bank IFS Code: CNRB0006223.
To register for the online course, click here. The last date to register is November 12, 2020.
This course is tailor-made for the students, researchers, and faculty members from any academic background. Participants who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate. This is an active learning-based course and comprised of lectures, tutorials, and hands-on training/ demonstrations.
Dr. Srimanta Pakhira
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online Course on Noise & Vibration Monitoring of Mechanical Systems by IIT Indore [Oct 29-31]: Register by Oct 27.