The Centre for Educational Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati, is organizing an Online Short Term Course on Advanced Solar Collectors from December 14 to 18, 2020.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati is a public technical and research university established by the Government of India, located in Guwahati, in the state of Assam in India. It is the sixth Indian Institute of Technology established in India.
The short term course aims to encompass the opportunities, challenges, and technologies related to the implementation of solar energy devices. Fundamentals and advances in solar collectors like solar thermal, photovoltaic, PV/ T’s, hybrid, etc. will be discussed. The lecture session broadly includes detailed analysis and design of various collectors, PV system design, numerical examples, economic analysis of different solar technologies which will further be helpful to the participants for designing a sustainable energy generation package from renewable energy.
Furthermore, a separate section on effective learning and teaching methodology will be included in the course. Faculty members of IIT Guwahati and experts from other reputed institutes will deliver lectures in the course.
- To enable the learner to understand the solar energy technologies in broadest terms which includes different aspects of solar collectors, their importance, advancements, environmental impacts, economical feasibility, energy sources, and their socio-economic issues.
- To enable the learner to device appropriate technology based on the available resources..
- To provide state of the art course material for effective teaching and learning to the faculty members and research scholars.
- To provide the insight of pedagogy for effective teaching.
- To provide exposure to the state of the art lab facilities and hands of experiments on appropriate set-ups.
- To analyze different challenges in the use of solar energy technologies, effective methods to overcome the challenges, and to focus on different schemes and policies adopted by the government of India.
- Solar radiation spectrum and solar geometry
- Fundamentals, design, and testing of solar flat plate collectors (liquid and air)
- Concentrated solar collectors
- Solar photovoltaic fundamentals and power generation
- Solar PV/T collectors (Flat and concentrated)
- Hybrid solar collectors
- Inverter and Transformer for solar application.
- Emerging technologies in solar energy storage
- Exposure to the fabrication of solar cells
- Exposure to 500 kWp solar power plant
- Effective teaching and learning (pedagogy)
To download the registration form, click here. The filled-in registration form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone Number: +91 3612583129
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.