The Department of Materials Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Hamirpur is organizing an Online short-term course (e-STC) on Advanced Materials Testing & Characterization from January 11 to 15, 2021.
The institute came into existence on August 7, 1986, as Regional Engineering College Hamirpur in Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India. It was a joint enterprise of the Government of India and the Government of Himachal Pradesh. On June 26, 2002, the institute was awarded the status of the deemed university and upgraded into a National Institute of Technology.
- The prime objective of this workshop is to impart comprehensive knowledge of advanced testing and characterization of metals and alloys along with special materials.
- This workshop will certainly enfold the three mutually dependent realms to cater to the needs of metallurgical and materials industries and to enable the participants to address various upcoming issues and challenges related to materials and their testing and characterization.
- Introduction to Electron Microscopy: SEM, TEM, EBSD, EDX
- X-Ray Diffraction
- Corrosion Testing and Analysis
- Fracture and Failure analysis
- Mechanical Testing
Who can Attend?
Faculty from engineering institutes, universities, research scholars, UG/ PG students, and other educational institutes and employees of the industries.
Faculties/ Experts from SPAs, NITs, IIITs, and other premier Institutions/ Organizations will deliver the lectures.
- Rs. 500 for Academia/ R&D Labs participants
- Rs. 200 for Students
- Rs. 1000 for participants from Industry
The registration fees can be paid via SBI Collect.
To register for the course, click here. The last date to register is January 8, 2021. E-certificate will be issued to the participants. Participants should have 75% attendance.
Dr. Raj Bahadur Singh
Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur
Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh – 177 005, India
For full notification, click the link below.