Registrations are now open for the Free Online Course on Academic Writing by HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar. The course will be conducted by Dr. Ajay Semalty, from HNB Garhwal University (A Central University) Srinagar Garhwal,
In academic and research, who does not want the publications? In spite of being the vital requirement in an academic & research career there is no comprehensive set up of learning academic writing in the knowledge domain.
This course aims to fill this gap by providing the fundamental knowledge required for effective and result oriented academic writing. It is a foundation course and the application of this knowledge completely depends on an individual learner and his or her area of research.
Upon completing the course, one would be able
- To differentiate between various kinds of academic writings.
- To identify and avoid plagiarism.
- To practice the basic skills of performing a quality literature review.
- To practice the basic skills of a research paper, review paper, and thesis writing.
- To target the research work to a suitable journal and communicate for publication
- To practice Time and team management.
- To practice digital writing or develop Open Educational Resources (OER).
- To write research proposals, conference abstracts, and book chapters/ book proposals.
- Academic & research writing: Introduction; Importance of academic writing; Basic rules of academic writing
- English in academic writing I & II; Styles of research writing
- Plagiarism: Introduction; Tools for the detection of plagiarism; Avoiding plagiarism
- Journal Metrics
- Author Metrics
- Literature review: Introduction, Source of literature; Process of literature review
- Online literature databases; Literature management tools
- Review Paper Writing, I & II
- Referencing and citation; Submission and; Post submission
- Challenges in Indian research & writing; Team management (mentor and collaborators); Time Management
- Research proposal writing; Abstract/ Conference Paper/ Book/ Book Chapter writing; OERs: basic concept and licenses
Any student or learner who wants to learn academic writing. The course shall be helpful for PG students, research scholars, young scientists, and faculty members (of any discipline or subject) for their career growth.
The course will be covered in a duration of 15 weeks from July 20, 2020 to October 31, 2020. The final exam will be conducted on November 14, 2020.
Interested candidates can register online for the course by clicking here.
The last date to register is August 31, 2020.
30 Marks will be allocated for Internal Assessment (assignment/ discussion forum/ activity) and 70 Marks will be allocated for external proctored examination. 40 % minimum passing marks are needed in internal as well as external for being eligible for the certificate.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Course on Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania [Online, 6 Months]: Enroll Now.