About Lawctopus Law School
Since the last 10 years, Lawctopus’ mission has been to enable informed and inspired careers.
In furtherance of that, Lawctopus Law School is offering an online certificate course on Copyright Law and Practice which is developed by top-notch industry experts and academicians and delivered by Lawctopus’ in-house team.
Course on Copyright – Law and Practice
Copyright Law is one of the most dynamic laws under the IPR regime and has boomed in the last few years.
With the technological advancements, business, big and small, especially in creative and technological sectors, have become conscious of their Intellectual Property in general and Copyrights in particular.
This course has been developed with an intention to help students and young lawyers become a master of the subject and will help the learners acquire strong practical knowledge about the subject.
Contents of the Course
- An orientation session which explains how to make full use of the course
- Rigorously researched reading resources
- Recorded video lectures covering the length and breadth of copyright law.
- A discussion forum to resolve all your doubts
- Assignments (both objective and essay-type)
- Whatsapp and email groups for constant communication
- Four, 90-minute long live sessions which build upon the course material
The Lawctopus team gets 100% behind its students, keeping them informed via regular emails, Whatsapp groups, and even phone calls (if you are lagging behind the assignments) and you can be rest assured of an excellent delivery of a quality course.
Structure of the Course
Module 1: Understanding the Historical and Theoretical Foundations of Copyright
- What is Copyright?
- What’s the history of Copyright Law?
- How Copyright Law has evolved to become one of the most important components of Intellectual Property Law?
Module 2: Introduction to the Copyright Act of 1957
- Important provisions and definitions of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.
- Basic concepts of copyright law
Module 3: Registration of Copyright
- The procedure for registering the copyright in India
- Documentation requirement for registration
- Common mistakes made in applying for the copyright registration and how to avoid them
Module 4: Assignment and Licensing
- Difference between the assignment and licensing: Sections 18 to 19A and Chapter X of the Copyright Act
- Statutory licencing and compulsory licencing of copyrighted work
Module 5: Infringement of Copyright
- What is copyright infringement?
- How do you determine whether there has been a copyright infringement?
- How does copyright act deal with infringement?
- Landmark cases on copyright infringement
Module 6: Remedies for the Infringement of Copyright
- Remedies available to the copyright owner in case of infringement of his rights
- Civil, criminal and administrative and important judicial decisions interpreting these remedies
Module 7: Fair Dealing and Fair Use
- Doctrine of fair dealing as recognised under International Copyright law and as used by different countries in their national legislations
- Section 52 of the Copyright Act plus the landmark cases interpreting this section
Module 8: Parallel Importation of Copyrighted Works
- What is parallel importation of copyrighted work
- The doctrine of exhaustion
Module 9: Collective Administration of Copyright through Copyright Societies
- Law on Copyright Societies in India
- Registration and functioning of Copyright Societies and administration of rights of owners by copyright societies
Module 10: Agreements and Contracts Related to Copyrights
- Drafting of agreements related to copyright ownership and licensing
- Copyright/IPR clauses in employment agreements
- Copyright/IPR clauses in terms and conditions of various websites
Waseem Shuaib Ahmed
Who is this course for?
- Law students interested in IP laws and especially copyright laws
- CAs, business people interested to gain knowledge and practical know-how of copyright law
- Practicing lawyers looking to start or get into the practice of Copyrights
- Legal academicians who want to gain a practical understanding of Copyrights
Details for our Copyright – Law and Practice Course
Duration: 4 weeks [Feb 1-28]
Course fee: Rs. 2500 + 18% GST= Rs. 2950
Mode of learning
- Completely online and self-paced
- Recorded video lectures
- Text-based modules and reading resources
- Online based forum for resolution of doubts
- 3 live webinars/sessions with Lawctopus’ team and subject experts
- Assignment with feedback
- Get a certificate issued by Lawctopus on successful completion of the course
- Recorded lecture on CV making
- Recorded lecture on making it as a legal freelancer
- Preferable internship positions for best-performing students with Lawctopus’ partner organizations
- Ad-hoc paid assignments
- Publication opportunities for best-performing students
If you have any questions, please email at email@example.com