Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat, Gujarat-India is organizing a Virtual Conference on Gender Equity: Challenges & Opportunities from November 25 to 27, 2020.
This Institute was established in 1961 as one of the RECs for imparting technical education in Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering. In the year 1983-84 the Under Graduate programs in Electronics Engineering were introduced and in the year 1988-89, the UG programs in Computer Engineering and Production Engineering were started.
In the year 1995-96, the UG program in Chemical Engineering was introduced. In exercise of the powers conferred by section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, the Central Government on the advice of the University Grants Commission, has declared the Sardar Vallabhbhai Regional College of Engineering & Technology (SVREC), Surat to Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat with the status of “Deemed University” with effect from 4th December 2002.
This conference is initiated to bring many minds together as it aims to draw a plethora of thinkers, researchers, activists, and professionals who wish to freely and openly share their thoughts and ideas on gender perception in the society. Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference will be held virtually on a suitable platform.
They invite papers on the often overlooked and voluntarily or involuntarily ignored the third gender and wish to provide an open forum to all who wish to question and challenge patriarchy.
- Gender equity in technical education
- Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences
- Medicine, Nutrition & Armed Forces
- Industries & Corporate
- Higher Education & Secondary Education
- Creative writing & Liberal Arts
- Mass Communication, Literature & music
- Scientists, Teachers, Academic Professionals, and Entrepreneurs
- Gender and Pandemic
- Gender in administration, media, literature, and culture
- Gender in Society
Or, Any other domain related to the conference.
Call for Papers
- This conference is a rare interdisciplinary platform for people of all ages, genders, professions, and nationalities, as it invites discourse not just by academicians, researchers, scholars, writers but also doctors, administrators, lawyers, scientists, students, artists, in-short professionals, and thinkers from any field who feel passionate about gender equity.
- It aims to discuss not just the issues in our respective pasts like gender-oriented myths, patriarchal traditions, and values, historical perspective on patriarchy, male hegemony in terms of resources, finance, and decision making;
- It promises to be an open platform to voice, share, discuss, develop, exchange, revise one’s opinion on gender issues, as we need to assess the challenges and map the opportunities beyond the obvious boundaries of social acceptance.
- They invite panels and papers to define, interrogate, and analyze equity in the context of gender.
- The conference will discuss themes as broad as gender equity in terms of past/ present/ future; home/ workplace; theory/ praxis; written/ oral discourse.
- Participation is also invited for panel sessions on psychological aspects of empowerment and leadership, victimization, exclusion, and social problems.
The submitted papers should be at least 4 pages long. The script should be in English and in a standard template. The content of the script should not be plagiarised and should have less than a 20% similarity index. The similarity limits might be less than 10% for springer publication. To submit your papers online, click here.
- Last Date for Abstract Submission: October 15, 2020
- Full paper submission: October 30, 2020
- Registration Deadline: November 10, 2020
Phone Number: +91-6355569256
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.