National Institute of Epidemiology [NIE], Indian Council of Medical Research [ICMR] is offering online programmes on conduct of human bio-medical research. The programme will be offered as NIE-ICMR e-Certificate – NieCer – Courses.
The first in this series, NIeCer 101: Health Research Fundamentals is a basic level course in health research methods. It will explain the fundamental concepts in epidemiology and bio-statistics related to research methods. This course will provide an overview of steps and principles for designing bio-medical and health research studies among human participants.
Any current or potential health researcher.ICMR-NIE expects this course to be useful for individuals interested in pursuing health research in the roles of study investigators, clinical/public health researchers (physicians/counsellors, research associates, social scientists, nurses, pharmacists, technicians, data and quality managers etc.), scientists, ethics committee members and project managers.
- Undergraduate students in medical / dental / nursing/ AYUSH streams.
- Graduate in any discipline.
Institutions That Will Value This Course:
Government/ private sector, public health service institutions/agencies, Post graduate institutions in biomedical and allied sciences, Medical Colleges/Universites,NGos engaged in health research, Clinical research organizations, Pharma companies and marketing research organizations.
All the instructors are faculty members for the two-year Master of Public Health [MPH] programme at the ICMR School of Public Health of the NIE, Chennai, India.
20 hours in 8 weeks.
- Video lectures.
- Presentation slides.
- MCQ quizzes.
- The exam is optional for fee.
- Date and Time of Exams: April 28 (Saturday) and April 29 (Sunday): Morning session 9am to 12 noon; Afternoon session: 2pm to 5pm.
- Exam for this course will be available in one session on both 28 and 29 April. The exact session it will be available in (FN/AN) – We shall inform by first week of January 2018.
Final score will be calculated as: 25% assignment score + 75% final exam score.
Application Deadline: February 5, 2018.
Click here to register.
For further details on the same, click here.