The 3-months Online Certificate Course in Financial Planning and Investment Management is offered by Birla Global University (BGU), Bhubaneswar.
About the Course
The level of financial literacy varies according to education and income levels, the general level of financial literacy in the country is less than 5 percent and much less in Odisha due to which a large number of people are easily duped through different chit funds and other illegal high return promising savings and investment schemes.
The general public is not aware of the risks and returns associated with different savings and investment opportunities available in the financial market. While government of India and the state governments and banks are offering different saving and investment schemes, too often the different financial terms associated with these schemes are not easily understood by the common people.
With the increase in the average life expectancy, many retired people face problems of judicious investment of their savings so as to cater to the various requirements of old age including medical expenses. It has very often seen that many people continue to invest their hard earned money in various speculative and illiquid investments which create lots of discomforts at later stages.
In the above background, this course aims to educate the participants about the various savings and investment opportunities available in the financial market for the common man including the risks and return associated with each of the investment schemes.
- The main objective of the course is to cater to the need of developing the level of financial literacy of the general public both in the state and outside. Objectives in Specific.
- Provide a broad knowledge and understanding of various Savings and Investment Opportunities available in the market. The aim of this course is to help the individual to manage their personal financial affairs.
- To help the participants to understand the important terms, rules, concepts, principles and theories related to financial planning & investment management.
- To enable participants to learn the basic principles of Taxation system in India and how to file the return with proper tax planning.
After completion of the course the participants will be able to –
- Develop an understanding of the major conceptual aspects of finance and how they relate to other areas of savings and investment.
- Select appropriate savings and investment options with trade-off between risk and return.
- Work as financial professional making ethical judgments and decisions.
- Understand and manage the different types of risks associated with different saving
- Know the basic principles of Taxation system practiced in India, the various exemptions and concessions available to individual’s tax payers and help them in tax planning and reducing tax liability. The individual will also learn how to file their tax return electronically.
Students, traders, entrepreneurs, employees, professionals, bankers, retired persons, housewives and all other aspirants who are keen to seek knowledge about financial planning and investment management.
Minimum Plus two pass in any discipline
Upon successful completion of the programme, the certificate would be issued by the Birla School of Commerce of Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar.
Duration and Timing of the Course
3 Months (60 hours). During the weekend.
Rs. 5,000 per participant.
Mode of Delivery
Live classes will be scheduled on an online platform.
- Module 1: Basic Elements of Financial Planning (15 hours)
- Module-2: Savings and Investment Opportunities (15 hours)
- Module-3: Risk Management &Insurance (15 hours)
- Module-4: Tax Planning (15 hours)
Mode of Payment
|Account Name||Birla Global University|
|Bank Name||UCO Bank|
|Branch Address||Gothapatna, Bhubaneswar|
|Bank A/C No||31090110018897|
|Dr. B.P. Bijay Sankar||Dr.Hemant Bhanawat|
|Assistant Professor,||Assistant Professor,|
|Birla School of Commerce, BGU||Birla School of Commerce, BGU|
|Phone: +(91) 7008221639||Phone: +(91) 9928849202|
|Email: email@example.com||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Limited seats! HURRY UP!
Click here to view the official notification for the Online Certificate Course in Financial Planning and Investment Management by Birla Global University (BGU), Bhubaneswar.
Note: This is a sponsored post.