The University College of Education, Osmania University in collaboration with Manasa Institute of Child Health & Disability Studies, Hyderabad invites applications for an Online Certificate Course in Disability & Inclusion.
This course intends to equip human resources with conceptual understanding of the nature of disabilities and knowledge and skills in disability empowerment and inclusion process for the purposes of public awareness, policy advocacy, program planning, and implementation.
Osmania University is a collegiate public state university located in University town, Hyderabad, India, and founded in 1918. It was established by and named after Mir Osman Ali Khan, the 7th Nizam of Hyderabad.
On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the concept of disability, impairment, and handicap, and inclusion.
- Understanding of characteristics and etiology of all types of disabilities and preventive measures.
- Become familiar with the process of screening, early identification, and assessment of disabilities.
- Understand the needs of persons with disabilities and barrier free environment.
- Understand the rights of persons with disabilities analyze the plan and organise community awareness, education, and community mobilisation for disability inclusion and empowerment programs.
The minimum qualification for admission is successful completion of 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 50% aggregate in any stream. Any graduate from a recognized university can apply for this course.
The Admission/ Registration Fees is Rs. 2000/- and the Online Tuition & Examination Fees is Rs. 10,000/-. The fee can be paid in two equal installments.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
A minimum attendance of 80% (of all online classes) shall be necessary for taking the final examination.
For full notification, click the link below.