About the Competition
Art is considered as one of the most powerful tools of Communication. Many of us still see climate change as an abstract topic. We need to convince individuals to take action on Climate Change; not in the future, NOW! Art, in this context, will help us visualize the problem to people and give them a personal encounter regarding climate change.
ENACT has decided to conduct an event to encourage individuals to create awareness about climate change through art. Here’s what you have to do!
- Pick an issue reflecting the impact of climate change (For Example: Hunger, Biodiversity loss, or erratic rainfall are impacts of climate change.) OR How are you tackling the Climate crisis at an individual level? We wish to hear your story of change! (For Example: Have you decided to recycle your clothes? / Have you decided to not fly unless absolutely necessary? )
- Illustrate/paint this ‘impact/ individual contribution’ creatively to bring awareness about the same.
- Describe your art in less than 100 words.
Any person above the age of 18 years and living in India are eligible to take part in the event.
- Medium of Art: Digital or Hand drawn art using any medium (oil paints, watercolors, acrylic paints, graphite pencils, charcoal and pastels)
- File type for Submission: JPEG/PDF
- You are NOT allowed to submit more than one Artwork.
- If you wish to share with us a video of ‘Behind the Scenes’ or a ‘Video message’ about your artwork, please email it to us on art.enactearth[at]gmail.com.
- No Registration Fee
- Click here for registration
- 25th December 2020: Deadline
- 30th December 2020: Results
- Originality of thought: The artwork should reflect an individual’s original thought or idea. It should also be creative while adhering to the theme of the event. It must not be copied from any existing artwork or ideas.
- Interpretation of the theme: The artist should be able to understand and interpret the theme and same should reflect in their art piece. Is the intent or message clear? Is there evidence or thoughtful exploration of a topic and a clear purpose?
- Artistic Expression: How well has the artist implemented/express their idea.
In order to encourage participation, we wish to give away prizes for TWO artworks that stand out from the rest! It is going to be a cash prize of Rs. 3000 EACH from ENACT and ICA; a Gift Hamper of eco- friendly stationery worth Rs. 800 from The Rain Story and a chance to have your art work hosted at the Climate Museum by Bangalore Creative Circus!
ENACT – Enabling Necessary Action through Climate Talk is an online platform that aims to develop climate discourse and create a Climate Literate Society.
Email: art.enactearth[at]gmail.com/ hello[at]enact.earth.