Entries are invited for the Online Agri India Hackathon by ICAR-IARI.
About the Organiser
ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), commonly known as the Pusa Institute, is India’s national Institute for agricultural research, education and extension. The institute carries basic, strategic and anticipatory research in field and horticultural crops for enhanced productivity and quality, research in frontier areas to develop resource use efficient integrated crop management technologies for sustainable agricultural production system and serves as centre for academic excellence in the areas of post-graduate and human resources development in agricultural science.
About the Hackathon
Agri India Hackathon is the largest virtual gathering to create dialogues, and accelerate innovations in agriculture. The Agri India Hackathon 2020 is organized by Pusa Krishi, ICAR – Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) & Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare.
With India’s expanding population, global climate change, and the current uncertain situation — the future of agriculture holds the opportunities & power to reshape our lives.
The most important stakeholders from industries & government alongside India’s young bright minds, creative startups, and smart innovators will build new, fast, and frugal solutions to tackle the big questions we’re facing today at this national-level hackathon.
They are bringing together fresh perspectives, disruptive approaches, and cutting-edge research & knowledge. They believe in collaborative impact. Agri India Hackathon 2020 to be held online invites collaboration & participation from across the country and intersectional industries.
- Cash Prize – 24 Best Innovations from different focus areas will be awarded a Cash Prize Of INR 1,00,000 each.
- Incubation Support – The Winning Innovations will get an exclusive preference for Incubation Support, Pre-Seed & Seed-Stage Funding of 5 Lakhs & 25 Lakhs respectively at any one of the 29 RABIs, subject to assessment by the independent RABI.
- Field Trial – The Winning Innovations will have the opportunity of field trial and also access Technology Validation from our network of institutions (If they opt for Incubation Support)
- All the submitted applications would be reviewed by our evaluators under different focus areas. Each application will be assessed by a set of evaluators to ensure the best submission gets selected for the next round.
- The applications will be evaluated on different parameters, including but not limited to the market need, novelty of the idea/innovation, stage of development, scalability, potential impact, technical & financial feasibility, commercialization capacity, the team, and the overall business plan.
- The evaluators reserve the right to select or reject any submission without assigning any reasons whatsoever and without thereby incurring any liability to the participant(s) whatsoever.
- Indian nationals only.
- Students studying at any Indian university/ institute.
- Start-ups, farmers, and professionals/ employed individuals.
- Solo founders, entrepreneurs, and other individuals.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the hackathon through this link.
Phone: +91-11-25843542, +91-11-25843553
For more details, click the link below.