ONGC is offering 1000 scholarships worth ₹48,000 per annum to meritorious SC/ST Students for pursuing professional courses in Engineering, Medical Stream, 2 year Masters in Business Administration, Geology and Geophysics.
The selection for scholarship shall be on relative merit. 50% of the scholarships are reserved for girls.
- The scholarships are open for studies in India and for Indian nationals only.
- Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full time regular courses by AICTE/ MCI/UGC/Association of Indian Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.
- Students pursuing four years Engineering/MBBS courses/Two years Masters course in Business Administration &Two years Masters Degree in Geology/ Geophysics are eligible.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Similarly 60% marks are necessary in graduation for P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA. Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system.
- The specific zone where a student can apply for scholarship shall be decided on the basis of the location of University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. 12th class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student.
- Gross annual income of family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than ₹4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e. ₹37,500/- per month).
- The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years as on 1st October, 2019 of the Academic Session of the year of advertisement.
- The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in case of student getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible for applying for the scholarship.
- The final list of the scholarship beneficiaries shall be posted on website www.ongcindia.com by 10.12.2019.
How to apply
The application format is given in the notification below.
Complete application with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and forwarded by their Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University, should reach the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in the notification below.
The last date of receipt of applications is Oct 15, 2019.
For the notification and application form, click here.