ONGC invites applications for the posts of Graduate Trainees in Engineering & Geo-Sciences posts through GATE-2018. Those who have qualified in GATE-2018 need to apply online for the posts in ONGC.
The detailed list of 1032 vacancies is given in the official notification given below.
The selection process will comprise of the following:
- GATE – 2018 : The desirous and eligible candidates having the essential qualification for the advertised posts should have appeared in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 as indicated above in para
- The GATE-2018 Score in the subject mentioned against the posts of ONGC will be considered by ONGC for shortlisting the candidates for the further selection process of Personal Interview as per the criteria decided by the Management.
- The final merit list shall be prepared based on the weightages assigned to various parameters as follows:
- Weightage of GATE-2018 Score 60 Marks
- Interview 15 Marks
- Qualification 25 Marks (20 Marks for Essential Qualification & 05 marks for in line PhD*)
- Total 100 Marks
How to apply
Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply ONLINE ONLY at this link. No other mode of application shall be accepted.
The online registration site would be opened from 1400 hrs. on 16/04/2018 to 1730 hrs. on 03/05/2018.
Candidates can apply for one post only even though they may be eligible for more than one post.
If there is no post for reserved category, candidates belonging to reserved category can still apply for unreserved posts. However age relaxation will not be extended to them.
Before registering/submitting their online applications on the website the candidates should possess the following:
- GATE-2018 Registration ID and Application ID
- Challan form downloaded and duly filled with the applicable fee deposited and acknowledged by the concerned bank
- Mobile number & E-mail ID(as filled in GATE-2018 application) in which the OTP will be sent for completing the registration process.
- Scanned copy of recent passport size color photograph of the candidate with white background containing signature of the candidate in a small white sheet pasted just below the photograph (Not more than 70 KB size)
- Caste certificate to fill details regarding community, state & district, if belongs to OBC/SC/ST category
The registration fee for different category of candidates is as under:
- General & OBC Rs. 299.20 /-
- SC , ST & PWD No Fees payable
Start Date for receiving Online Applications: 16/04/2018 (From 1400 Hrs.)
Last date for receipt of Online Applications: 03/05/2018* (Up to 1730 Hrs.)
Period for uploading the scanned copies of certificates and downloading the Interview Call letters: 10/05/2018 to 22/05/2018(Tentative)
Starting of Interviews: 28/05/2018 (Tentative)