Applications are open for the One World Media Global Short Docs Forum 2020.
The Global Short Docs Forum is a much needed and dedicated initiative to nurture new talent in documentary shorts, giving them access to the growing number of digital media platforms.
The Global Short Docs Forum 2020 brings together 12 filmmakers selected from a global call, to attend an intensive online training program and one-to-one pitch meetings. Over four weeks of masterclasses, workshops, and mentoring they will take your short doc from conception to commission.
The Global Short Docs Forum is a dedicated event to bridge the gap between the growing number of online media platforms looking for documentary shorts, and short doc filmmakers:
- Dedicated to shorts: Pitching and development forum wholly dedicated to documentary shorts: GSDF is the first of its kind.
- New and diverse voices: Fresh and unique narratives offering original perspectives on the dominant digital platforms.
- Meet the gatekeepers: Curated workshops, pitch training, and networking opportunities between the experts and the makers.
- Access to the market: Access for diverse filmmakers to the growing market of online platforms seeking untold stories.
- Positive storytelling: We have a special interest in stories that have a social, political, or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach, or give us a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
- Get invaluable pitching training and mentoring;
- Participate in workshops + masterclasses from industry experts;
- One-to-one meetings with digital platforms;
- Connect with doc filmmakers from all over the world.
- Open to applications from all over the world, with documentary projects up to 30 minutes;
- Applicants should be filmmakers of short documentaries with new and original narratives;
- Special interest in stories that have a social, political, or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach, or give a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
The Selection is based on the filmmaker’s proven ability and the strength of the story, characters, and footage provided. 12 selected applicants participate in a 4-week intensive online training program and one-to-one pitch meetings.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is August 12, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in One World Media Coronavirus Reporting Award 2020 for Journalists and Filmmakers: Apply by July 30.