Applications are invited for the OIST Research Internship Program for UG/PG Students during October 2019-March 2020.
About the Program:
The Okinawa Institute of Science & Technology (OIST) Graduate School offers education and research opportunities through a system of undergraduate and graduate placements as Research Interns.
These short-term placements as a Research Intern give a select few talented students the opportunity to gain experience in a particular laboratory or to learn a specific technique. They work under the direction of a Professor at OIST and contribute to the research activities of OIST.
- Students enrolled at graduate or undergraduate programs in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan or overseas, or recent graduates of such institutions.
- Bachelor year 3 and 4 and master year 1 & 2 students are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Academically applicants should be at least among the top 20% of students in their program.
- Successful applicants will also require proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English for advanced study in science, and the ability to interact effectively with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
The tenure of Research Intern placements is between 2 and 6 months, typically at least 10 to 12 weeks.
Successful applicants will receive a Living Allowance of 2,400 JPY (Rs. 1494) per day (weekends & holidays excluded) while at OIST.
OIST will pay for one direct roundtrip travel for Research Interns between the home university or institution and the research unit or another facility where the internship will take place (usually Okinawa).
The travel dates must be as close as possible to the term of the placement. Travel for successful applicants is arranged by the OIST Graduate School.
The Student Support Section of the Graduate School will provide support for Research Interns at OIST with matters such as housing, visa acquisition, insurance procedures, and local registration.
How to Apply?
Click here to apply.
- Application Deadline: April 15.
- Internship duration: October 2019-March 2020.