The Ocean Fellowship Programme at Ocean Space (Venice, Italy) is a research fellowship launched by TBA21–Academy in conjunction with the exhibition Territorial Agency: Oceans in Transformation, curated by Daniela Zyman and commissioned by TBA21–Academy.
The three and a half months Ocean Fellowship offers a total of eight fellows the opportunity to investigate the most advanced studies on the Anthropocene Oceans.
In the context of the Ocean Fellowship Programme the fellows will gain insights into the institutional context of Ocean Space, develop their own unique perspectives and share their research with audiences, peers and experts. Stemming from an alternative, indeed Pacific approach of what is considered to be ‘deep learning’ the programme invites participating students and scholars to ‘dive deep’ into the conceptual and systemic aspects of the exhibition.
In addition, TBA21–Academy is also seeking one experienced candidate to act as Research Mentor to the group, for the entire duration of the programme. The research mentor will supervise, follow and advise the fellows on the direction and progress of their project.
- Undergraduates, master and PhD level students, recent graduates or young professionals at the beginning of their carriers with a specialisation in the fields listed under section 2 (Academic Fields of Research);
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Italian is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex subjects to different segments of the public;
- An interest in expanding knowledge on oceanic issues;
- The ability to demonstrate how the fellowship will allow the fellows to further their studies and own research areas;
- A commitment for the whole duration of the internship placement
- For the mentor, a graduate or post-graduate degree, as well as some relevant experience in teaching or mentoring, is required.
Budget and Duration
The Ocean Fellows Programme will offer a total allowance of 3,000 EUR per fellow for the 3.5-month duration of the programme. The allowance may be subject to tax and the fellowship status will have to be determined on a case by case basis. Travel and visa costs are not covered.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants need to fill the application form through this link.
- The candidates need to send the material in one single .pdf file by January 20, 2020, to oceanfellows[at]tba21-academy.org.