Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Ocean Fellowship 2022 at Ocean Space, Venice.
About the Ocean Fellowship
In collaboration with The Sámi Pavilion at the 59th Venice Biennale in 2022, the Office for Contemporary Art Norway, aabaakwad, and Artis, the Ocean Fellowship 2022 gathers participants to consider our kinship and duties of care toward the Ocean and its relations in multi-species communities and with diverse lifeforms.
During a three-month residency at Ocean Space, Venice, the selected four fellows under the guidance of the two invited mentors, Rebecca Belmore and Harald Gaski.
They will engage in conversations and exchange, share their own practices, host open and closed workshops, and develop public sessions connecting the Venice community and collaborators (like ISMAR-CNR, UNESCO, Ocean-Archive, Ca’Foscari, Samí Pavilion, for example) with local and international audiences as accomplices and participants in the development of a set of principles for Ocean kinship.
- The 2022 program is looking for four fellows who identify as Indigenous and/or who align themselves with Indigenous issues.
- Artists, activists, scientists, and practitioners from all fields are encouraged to apply for the fellowship.
- Applicants should engage critically with oceanic subjects.
- The Ocean Fellowship program will offer a total allowance of 4,500 EUR per fellow for the full duration of the program, in addition to covering the travel to and from Venice and accommodation in Venice for three months (subject to one return ticket and modest accommodation in accordance with the travel policy).
- The allowance may be subject to tax, status will be determined on a case-by-case basis. They will support each successful applicant individually in the process of securing additional support as well as clearing visas and medical insurance.
- The criteria for selection are based on the quality of the applications and the aim to form a multigenerational and diverse group.
- Candidates may be invited to online short interviews with the members of the jury in mid-January 2022.
- Due to the latest Covid-19 regulations for international, national, and local travel and access to public spaces (including museums, art centers, restaurants, etc.), selected candidates will be required to prove their vaccination status.
- Further changes in applied regulations will be closely observed in accordance with the latest restrictions in Italy and for international travel.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
Supporting documents required:
- Personal statement: You can submit this expression of motivation in any medium or format you wish (text, image, sound) as long as it is a single file with a maximum size of 100 MB
- References to your previous experiences and projects relevant to the fellowship program. [A single file with a maximum size of 100 MB.]
- Names and contact details of two references familiar with your research.
Dec 23, 2021
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- Breakthrough Generation Fellowship 2022 [10 Weeks, Amount Worth Rs. 45k]: Apply by Jan 28
- Millennium Fellowship 2022 for UG Students by UNAI & MCN: Apply by Dec 30