Obama Foundation Fellowships 2019: Apply by Sep 18
The Obama Foundation Fellowship supports outstanding civic innovators – leaders who are working with their communities to create transformational change, addressing some of the world’s most pressing problems. The program selects 20 community-minded rising stars from around the world for a two-year, non-residential program, designed to amplify the impact of their work and inspire a wave of civic innovation.
The two-year, non-residential Obama Fellowship offers hands-on training, resources, and leadership development to help Fellows scale the impact of their work. Fellows participate in four multi-day gatherings where they collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners, and collectively push their work forward. Throughout the program, each Fellow pursues a personalized plan to leverage the Fellowship experience to take their work to the next level.
The program is open to individuals from all backgrounds and nationalities.
To know more about the 2018 fellows, click here.
- Guidance in developing a personalized Fellowship roadmap to help you get the most out of the program
- Ongoing skill-building and training courses tailored to your particular needs
- Individual coaching and mentoring to help you move your work forward
- Participation in a global cohort of leaders poised to change the civic engagement landscape
- Exposure to opportunities provided by other Foundation programming, such as mentorship roles and speaking engagements
- Participation in four gatherings (including economy airfare to/from the event, lodging, and all meals during the events)
The Fellowship is not a full-time commitment, but active and engaged participation is key to creating a meaningful Fellowship experience. Fellows commit to:
- Participating in the full programming of the four Fellowship gatherings
- Devoting a few hours each month to ongoing training and programming
- Sharing responsibility for creating a supportive, collaborative community of Fellows
- Collaborating with the Foundation throughout the Fellowship to evaluate and refine the program for future classes
- Contributing their leadership, creativity, and voice to other Foundation programs. We’re looking for Fellows who are eager to explore the roles they can play in the broader ecosystem of the Foundation — whether serving as mentors, facilitating local trainings, or writing about their work for a wider audience.
Fellows will not be paid a stipend at this time.
Fellows are not asked to move anywhere to participate in the Fellowship program. However, there will be four occasions where they will be asked to travel for in-person gatherings.
- Above 18 years of age
- Not current participants in other Obama Foundation programming
- Not candidates for a political office chosen through a partisan election, either now or during the Fellowship term
- Not Working for 501(c)(4) or 501(c)(6) organizations
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
The deadline to apply is September 18, 2018.
For official website, click here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)