The Scheme of ICMR “Nurturing Clinical Scientists” has been instituted to foster high quality research opportunities for Fresh MBBS/BDS candidates, within two years of completing their degrees (Interns/MD/MS/MDS are NOT eligible) in the cutting edge areas Fundamental Basic/Clinical Research in communicable and non communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition ETC. at MCI/DCI recognized medical colleges/ICMR network of Institutes/Centers, among others.
Special focus will be on fundamental research in areas of health research and other priority areas identified by ICMR from time to time, keeping in mind the National Health Policy 2017.
No accommodation facilities will be provided by ICMR Applications will be accepted once a year in June only. Applications are now invited under this initiative by 30th June, 2021 (by 05:30pm).
No. of Seats
Total no. seats are limited to Fifty (50), in which 40 seats are for MBBS and 10 seats for BDS.
Only MBBS/BDS candidates within two years of completing their degree from MCI/DCI recognized medical/dental colleges, passing all MBBS/BDS examination in the first attempt with 60% or more aggregate marks. (Note: Interns/MD/MS/MDS are not eligible).
Three years (2+1) or submission of Ph.D. thesis (whichever is earlier). In case a candidate leaves the scheme before completion of one year, then he/she will have to refund the entire salary and contingency amount to ICMR for that time period.
Maximum Age Limit
32 years, relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/PH and three years for OBC and women candidates, as on last date of application. For deserving candidates also, age can be relaxed maximum up to maximum of three years based on earlier work done, publications, awards ETC. along with the request by sponsoring Principal/Director/Director-in-Charge. Director General, ICMR may consider and relax on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
ICMR Clinical Scientists will be paid a consolidated salary of Rs. One lakh per month only, (No HRA) and research contingency of Rs. three lakhs for three years (Rs. 1.00 lakh per year to be utilized for research work). The fellowship amount will be paid to the concerned institute/organization/university/medical college, in every six months installments.
Mode of Selection
Eligible candidates must route their applications as per instructions given below before the given deadline. Application received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Selection of the “ICMR-NCS” will be made by specially constituted Selection Committee by Director General, ICMR based on their Concept Note, Detailed research proposal, Academic and Professional records. Result email will be sent only to the selected candidates
Accommodation and Other Benefits
No accommodation facilities will be provided by ICMR
How to Apply?
- Completed applications (only in prescribed format)to be duly filled and submitted along with the required enclosures and credentials (IMPORTANT: in a single PDF file, sequence of documents should be- Application form, Concept Note, Personal Statement, Curriculum Vitae (CV), Degrees and certificates) as required ONLY through email to email@example.com, addressed to: Dr. Ginu S. Khan, Sci-C, Division of HRD, by 30th June 2021 (by 05:30pm).
- The documents should be attested as given below, to be attached with the application form:-
- Concept Note of the Research Proposal (1000 words only)– to be attested by Guide (sign & seal)
- Personal Statement (300 words only)– Self attested
- Detailed and updated CV- Self attested
- Academic & Professional certificates/degrees- Self attested
- Caste and Disability Certificate (if applicable)
June 30, 2021